python libs for MinGW

guruyaya guruyaya at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 06:21:57 EDT 2007

Arrr after a small change in my google search, I have found this
tutorial:

http://www.mingw.org/MinGWiki/index.php/Python%20extensions

and it went ok (or at least seemed ok) until the last stage:
when I got this error:

C:\Documents and Settings\Yair Eshel\Desktop>dlltool --dllname
python23.dll --def python23.def --output-lib libpython23.a
dlltool: _spawnvp

It created libpython23.a as an empty file and it created a file called
dklfh.s (the name was changed every time I've started it) that
contain:
# IMAGE_IMPORT_DESCRIPTOR
        .section        .idata$2
        .global __head_libpython23_a
__head_libpython23_a:
        .rva    hname   #Ptr to image import by name list
        #this should be the timestamp, but NT sometimes
        #doesn't load DLLs when this is set.
        .long   0       # loaded time
        .long   0       # Forwarder chain
        .rva    __libpython23_a_iname   # imported dll's name
        .rva    fthunk  # pointer to firstthunk
#Stuff for compatibility
        .section        .idata$5
        .long   0