python libs for MinGW

guruyaya guruyaya at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 05:54:07 EDT 2007

Hi. Strange. I have wrote this message before but somehow it just
vanished. I'll try again.
I want to install pyqt, on my windows XP using python 2.3. To do that
I need to install qt, and to do that, I need to install sip 4.7. Now
python configure give out (among lots of other errors), this line:
siplib.o:siplib.c:(.text+0x17): undefined reference to
`_imp__PyType_Type'
That I understand indicate I don't have python development libs in my
mingw (version  3.4.2). I cannot find it. I just looked all over for
it, and found none. Can anyone show me where it can be found? I prefer
a pre-compiled, but a well documented compiled eddition will do the
trick as well.

Thanks In Advance
Yair