Google and Python

TheFlyingDutchman zzbbaadd at aol.com
Wed Sep 19 15:44:54 EDT 2007

> Have you tried Google "google python".  Turns up a lot of links for me.

I had done it on this newsgroup, but not google. I did find a pretty
good link:

http://panela.blog-city.com/python_at_google_greg_stein__sdforum.htm

Which says:
"A few services including code.google.com and google groups.  Most
other front ends are in C++ (google.com) and Java (gmail).  All web
services are built on top of a highly optimizing http server wrapped
with SWIG."

I am not clear on how you would use a language - whether C++, Java or
Python to write the web app with this custom http server. Is this http
server what is referred to as an "application server" or is it the
main web server which is usually Apache at most sites?