Coming from Perl

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Sep 13 05:32:37 EDT 2007

Amer Neely <perl4hire at softouch.on.ca> writes:

> Well, I have checked everything I can but I'm getting '500 Internal
> Server Error'.

This is the HTTP response code saying that the program that should
have served the response document instead exited with an error.

To debug, you should first run the program (or at least the part that
you're trying to implement) *outside* the context of a web server. Do
it at a command line, and any errors will show up as exception
tracebacks.

Only when you have something that performs correctly outside a web
server context should you consider how to wrap it in that new
(harder-to-debug) context.

--
 \        "What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?" —anonymous |
Ben Finney