Python Database Apps

Ivo ivonet at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 17:26:07 EDT 2007

darien.watkins at gmail.com wrote:
> Kindof a poll, kindof curiosity...
>
> What is your favorite python - database combination?  I'm looking to
> make an app that has a local DB and a server side DB.  I'm looking at
> python and sqlite local side and sql server side.
>
> Any suggestions????
>
> Darien

If you like to make a kind of stand alone app with a database, SQLite a
good choice. It is easy to embed into your app. If you keep to ANSI SQL
there should be no trouble changing databases at a later date.
I use SQLite for my WebSite http://IvoNet.nl and it performs great.
The whole database is less than 1Mb including the SQLite module for
python. No 50Mb install needed if you just want a simple database.
It makes my website very portable and easy to install.

MySQL works great to. I have used it a lot and it is very available.
Just about every provider can provide you one.

Ivo.