Speed of Python

S bastien Boisg rault Sebastien.Boisgerault at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 13:02:04 EDT 2007

On Sep 7, 6:42 pm, "wang frank" <f... at hotmail.co.jp> wrote:

Matlab (aka MATrix LABoratory) has been designed with numeric
computations in mind (every object being natively a n-dim
array). If you wish to develop that kind of applications in
Python, consider using the numerical array structure provided
by Numpy. Numpy being mostly written in C, that should speed
up your application ... In this context, additional 3rd party
libs such as Scipy, Matplotlib, PIL, etc. will also be useful.

Cheers,

SB