Python 3K or Python 2.9?

TheFlyingDutchman zzbbaadd at aol.com
Thu Sep 13 13:10:57 EDT 2007

> Isn't one of the main ideas behind python that it doesn't force you to
> do (well, declare) anything? And by "ideas" I mean "design decisions".
> Thats exactly what makes python great for prototyping; you just do it
> and see if it works. As soon as you need to declare things you have to
> change stuff in at least 2 places for every change of heart you have.
>
> (Can you tell I'm currently forced to developing in Java? ;) (Which I'm
> currently avoiding to do, by wasting my time on usenet.))

But if you are looking at code you didn't write, it's nice to be able
to see all the member variables that a class has listed separate from
method code.

I think static typing helps in trying to deduce what code is doing,
particularly when you are looking at function definitions. You don't
have to work to find out what type of variables it takes.