Python 3K or Python 2.9?

Wildemar Wildenburger lasses_weil at klapptsowieso.net
Thu Sep 13 12:51:51 EDT 2007

TheFlyingDutchman wrote:
> What I would like to have seen added to class definitions was the
> forced declaration of all object variables in the class outside of
> methods. I don't like the fact that they have to be, and can be
> created in any method on the fly.

Isn't one of the main ideas behind python that it doesn't force you to
do (well, declare) anything? And by "ideas" I mean "design decisions".
Thats exactly what makes python great for prototyping; you just do it
and see if it works. As soon as you need to declare things you have to
change stuff in at least 2 places for every change of heart you have.

(Can you tell I'm currently forced to developing in Java? ;) (Which I'm
currently avoiding to do, by wasting my time on usenet.))

/W