why should I learn python

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com
Fri Sep 7 03:42:37 EDT 2007

windandwaves a écrit :
> Can someone tell me why I should learn python?

Really, I cannot see any reason why you should do such a thing.

> I am a webdeveloper,

I've seen this label is applied to a wide range of effective jobs, from
"building static web pages with a WYSWIG editor not even knowing html"
to "writing a full-blown web application server".

> but I often see Python mentioned and I am curious to find out what I
> am missing out on.

One of the best programming languages around, suitable for almost
anything except low-level stuff (system, drivers etc).