FCGI app reloading on every request

Sion Arrowsmith siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed Sep 5 07:52:13 EDT 2007

John Nagle  <nagle at animats.com> wrote:
>    Tried putting this in the .htaccess file:
>
><Files *.fcgi>
>SetHandler fcgid-script
>Options ExecCGI
>allow from all
></Files>
>
><Files *.foo>
>ErrorDocument 403 "File type not supported."
></Files>
>
>     Even with that, a ".foo" file gets executed as a CGI script,
>and so does a ".fcgi" file.  It's an Apache configuration problem.

I'd look to see if you've got a AllowOverride None set somewhere
unhelpful (probably on the cgi-bin directory, although I note the
default Apache2 config on my machine here does it for the document
root too). Mind you, if you're managing this with a web tool rather
than having access to the Apache config files, it might not be so
straightforward to do.

--
\S -- siona at chiark.greenend.org.uk -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
        -- Arthur C. Clarke