Python 3.0 migration plans?

John Nagle nagle at animats.com
Fri Sep 28 01:51:19 EDT 2007

TheFlyingDutchman wrote:
> It seems that Python 3 is more significant for what it removes than
> what it adds.
>
> What are the additions that people find the most compelling?

    I'd rather see Python 2.5 finished, so it just works.
All the major third-party libraries working and available with
working builds for all major platforms.  That working set
of components in all the major distros used on servers.
The major hosting companies having that up and running on
their servers.  Windows installers that install a collection
of components that all play well together.

    That's what I mean by "working".

				John Nagle