Try this

mensanator at aol.com mensanator at aol.com
Mon Sep 17 13:57:55 EDT 2007

On Sep 17, 6:09 am, Steve Holden <st... at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> mensana... at aol.com wrote:
> > On Sep 16, 9:27?pm, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar>
> > wrote:
> >> En Sun, 16 Sep 2007 21:58:09 -0300, mensana... at aol.com
> [...]
> >> What about the rest of the world that don't speak
> >> English or even worse, don't use the Latin alpabet?
>
> > When the rest of the world creates the next
> > generation of computers, THEY can chosse the
> > defaults.
>
> Right, because of course US companies have no desire to do business with
> the rest of the world.

I'm merely pointing out that it is the legacy of the history of
information technology that is chauvinistic. That happens to be
the way things are, I did not say that's the way they should be.

> I'm not given to ad hominem attacks, but this remark really seems to
> indicate that "chauvinistic cretin" might apply to you.

_I_ didn't invent ASCII or EBCDIC. Why weren't the European
and Chinese languages considered when these were developed
40-50 years ago? Because they were "chauvinistic cretins"?
Is that what you think?

> You'll be gald
> to know you are unlikely to hear from me again.

Why? Because I tend to act as a gadfly? To point out that
the emperor is, in fact, naked? Because the professional
programming community doesn't like their dirty laundry
aired in public?

> Your perception of the development of information technology is so
> skewed you would be better off knowing nothing.

My perception is skewed? Why then, does Unicode even exist?