Python is overtaking Perl

Matimus mccredie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 13:08:57 EDT 2007

> So I think we can at least say from the chart that searches combining
> the terms 'python' and 'programming' have been falling, by some
> unquantifiable amount (it don't _look_ like much!?), relative to the
> number of total searches.

I think it is the search volume relative to the total number of
searches. So, all the decline means is that the number of  searches
for "Python programming" releative to all searches done is declining.
For example, there is a larger number of people searching for things
like "Britney Spears", "Paris Hilton" and "pr0n" than there are for
Python. It is simply a sign that Google is becoming more popular with
the mainstream user, not python, ruby or even perl becoming less
popular.

Matt