Python 3.0 migration plans?

Erik Jones erik at myemma.com
Fri Sep 28 17:36:43 EDT 2007

On Sep 28, 2007, at 3:00 PM, TheFlyingDutchman wrote:

> On Sep 28, 12:45 pm, George Sakkis <george.sak... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sep 28, 3:29 pm, TheFlyingDutchman <zzbba... at aol.com> wrote:
>>
>>> One issue I have with this group and that I encountered many
>>> years ago
>>> in the Perl group is that there is no separate group
>>> comp.lang.python.beginner where you can ask questions without
>>> getting
>>> hit with RTFM! and the like.
>>
>> Which shows once again that you're trying to break the world
>> record of
>> being wrong in as many sentences as possible:

>> You would do yourself (and others) a favor by migrating there for a
>> few weeks or months.
>>
>> George
>
> Being in a land where every nit can be picked, I am surprised that you
> offered up a mailing list when I was asking for a newsgroup.

I'm usually pretty quiet on this list.  That's what I find is the
best way to participate.  However, I'm going to have to speak up and
point out that that response is exactly the type of comment and/or
reasoning that everyone here is trying to explain to you.  The
resources are available for you to educate yourself.  Semantic
arguments such as this are, at best, at a junior high level.  You are
completely free to ask any question (about Python) you want here --
just don't argue with the people giving you the answers.  And, to
address the actual content of that response:  nobody, online or off,
in newsgroups or on mailing lists, likes a nitpick.  So, please,
quit.  I'd prefer you didn't leave and, instead, decided to actually,
actively get along with the others here.  I think some of the
question you've begun threads with have been both good and valid.
It's just that you need some work on your e-people skills, man.

Erik Jones

Software Developer | Emma®
erik at myemma.com
800.595.4401 or 615.292.5888