The meaning of a = b in object oriented languages

Roel Schroeven rschroev_nospam_ml at fastmail.fm
Wed Sep 19 04:28:38 EDT 2007

Lew schreef:
> Roel Schroeven wrote:
>> Laurent Pointal schreef:
>>> <zip>
>>>
>>> Oups, reading the subject I thought it was a Xah Lee post.
>> me too ...
>
> Nah, this dude's all right, so far.  As if my opinion mattered.
>
> Stay with it, Summercool.  It's what discussion groups are for.
>
> Here's why the reaction: cross-posting of computer-science-type essays,
> something Xah Lee does.  But he recycles all his decades-old crap and really
> doesn't participate in the discussion.  This isn't that at all.

I fully agree and I didn't in any way mean to compare Summercool to Xah
Lee. My apologies to Summercool if anyone interpreted it that way.

It's just that somehow the subject seems to follow the same template as
what I've become used to from Xah Lee. I almost skipped reading the post
because of that. Once I started reading it though, it became immediately
clear that it was not comparable to Xah Lee's postings in any way, shape
or form.

--
The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge
faster than society gathers wisdom.

Roel Schroeven