Regular Expressions: Can't quite figure this problem out

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Sep 24 23:04:03 EDT 2007

Robert Dailey wrote:
> What I meant was that it's not an option because I'm trying to learn
> regular expressions. RE is just as built in as anything else.
>
> On 9/24/07, *Steve Holden * <steve at holdenweb.com
> <mailto:steve at holdenweb.com>> wrote:
>
>     Robert Dailey wrote:
>      >
>      >
>      > On 9/24/07, *Gabriel Genellina* <gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
>     <mailto:gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar>
>      > <mailto:gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar <mailto:gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar>>>
>     wrote:
>      >
>      >     Yes: forget about regular expressions. ElementTree does that
>     for free:
>      >
>      >
>      > That's not an option.
>      >
>     Even though it's built into Python 2.5? That's a strange requirement.

Fair enough, but be aware that (as has already been pointed out) RE
limitations will make it difficult to parse some XML. Still, trying to
use them for that purpose is a good way of learning about them, I suppose.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119

Sorry, the dog ate my .sigline