linear programming in Python

Wayne Brehaut wbrehaut at mcsnet.ca
Wed Oct 17 12:08:24 EDT 2007

Hi Jorge,

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 08:44:28 -0700, jivelasquezt at gmail.com wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm new to this group so I don't know if this question has been posted
>before, but does anyone knows about linear/integer programming
>routines in Python that are available on the web, more specifically of
>the branch and bound method.

Try using your favourite search engine with a search string like
"linear programming Python branch bound".  Using Alta Vista
(http://www.altavista.com/web/adv) I got:

	AltaVista found 16,500 results

and Google gave:

	Results 1 - 10 of about 7,990

Some on the first page of each look like good possibilities, and I'm
sure there are others in the group that have first-hand experience and
can offer comparisons and advice. You might also try searching the
archives of this group--I searched just what my server has still
available and got no hits on "linear programming", but didn't try just
"LP" or similar.

Good luck!
Wayne