linear programming in Python

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 15:30:01 EDT 2007

On Oct 17, 11:44 am, jivelasqu... at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to this group so I don't know if this question has been posted
> before, but does anyone knows about linear/integer programming
> routines in Python that are available on the web, more specifically of
> the branch and bound method.

Sciy and Numpy

Scipy has a wrapper for the Minpack, which has a (continuous) linear
programming solver.

I don't recall if there's an integer programming solver in there,
though.  Even if there isn't, Python has some very good tools for
wrapping Fortran and some C numerical routines.  The F2PY package,
which is part of Numpy, does this.

Carl Banks