Iteration for Factorials

Tim Golden tim at timgolden.me.uk
Mon Oct 22 13:44:15 EDT 2007

Marco Mariani wrote:
> Tim Golden wrote:
>
>>>  From the cookbook, this time.
>>> It satisfies the requirements nicely  ;)
>>>
>>> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/496691
>> [... snip the ultimate general-purpose answer to the OP's question ...
>>
>> I really hope that's a wink up there, Marco.
>
> The wink is in the second line of my post...

I did see it :)

>> The poor guy was just trying to get his homework done!
>
> I don't see how my answer is in any way worse than those based on
> lambda.

Nor do I. I was just joking with a colleague that the guy
just wanted a bit of help (which he did get, in fact from
several sources) and then out came the lambda and the
decorator. It's only a moment before the metaclass and
the Twisted solution come along. :)
(It's like watching a convention of lisp programmers --
ducks, runs for cover)

TJG