Iteration for Factorials

Marco Mariani marco at sferacarta.com
Mon Oct 22 12:27:23 EDT 2007

Tim Golden wrote:

>>  From the cookbook, this time.
>> It satisfies the requirements nicely  ;)
>>
>> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/496691
>
> [... snip the ultimate general-purpose answer to the OP's question ...
>
> I really hope that's a wink up there, Marco.

The wink is in the second line of my post... more for the "do the least
amount of work to meet the requirements" people that for the OP

> The poor guy was just trying to get his homework done!

I don't see how my answer is in any way worse than those based on
lambda. Maybe I'm just envious because when I was his age I couldn't
google for answers. He should at least be able to do that, shouldn't he?
But wait. That would mean understanding what a factorial is. That would
require a second search, or a textbook, or an understanding of
arithmetics before programming with or without recursion. Should we
blame the teachers?