how to creating html files with python

krishnakant Mane researchbase at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 16:16:11 EDT 2007

hi George,

On 27/10/2007, George Sakkis <george.sakkis at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 27, 12:12 pm, "krishnakant Mane" <researchb... at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I have one strange requirement,
> > I need to create html files through python and add some data from the
> database.
>
> The only strange thing here is that you think this is a strange
> requirement :) This is quite typical, and practically required for web
> development. As Diez pointed out, your main problem will be which of
> the dozen or so template packages to pick. Depending on your criteria
I am finding it difficult to choose.
my only requirement is to create an htmo file with normal html taggs
but the values come from a database connection.
so I want to get rid of doing the entire concatination right from
start till end.  I don't mind opening a file and doing file.write()
but it will be nice of some module to help me get the data
concatinated with taggs and rather even better if I can do complex
things like creating an html table whos rows contain data coming from
a result set.
here I would like to have the tagging more like functions, some thing
like report.bold("this must be bold ") and this function to return a
line with the bolded html which looks in the file as <b> this must be
bold </b>
so instead of I doing the concatination myself, python makes it easy.
and I will have lot of complex tables etc to do like this.
so please help me choose one.
regards,
Krishnakant.