How to compile a 32 bit version python on a 64 bit linux platform

alexdboy alexdboy at citiz.net
Sun Oct 28 05:54:10 EDT 2007

Hi,

  I'm trying to build a 32 bit version Python from the source of Python 2.4.2 (later version is O.K. too) on a 64 bit platform "SUSE Linux Entrprise Server 10(x86_64) - Kernel 2.6.16.21-0.8-smp(5)".

  I followed the common routine "1)./configure --enable-shared --with-threads 2)make clean; make". I succeeded in building Python.

  The problem is that the resulting .h file and libraries are incompatible with my main program which was compiled using the gcc flag "-m32".

  I've tried modifying the pyconfig.h (changing the size of void * from 8 to 4) and Makefile (adding -m32 to the CFLAGS) generated by running configure script, and then makeing. But this didn't work. Are there any flags I can use when running the ./configure to achieve the target. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you.

吸铁石邮箱 高速、稳定、大容量空间,强垃圾邮件过滤系统,杀毒专家支持

http://www.citiz.net