Cross-platform GUI development

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Mon Oct 15 10:29:58 EDT 2007

David Tremouilles wrote:

> "crappy",  "waaay better"
> I will not feed the troll...
> Pygtk on mac just do the work for me on a more than satisfying way.

I should have worded more carefully, it wasn't intended as trolling. Sorry
for that.

But the point I wanted to make still stands - the native look of OSX is very
distinctive. So if it's anyhow possible, I'd recommend using PyObjc +
native Cocoa.

Yet as the OP asked for Cross-platform, the Qt-gui is pretty close,
especially with Qt4.

And I'm sorry to say so, but GTK within X11 looks very alien to the regular
OSX user.

I personally don't mind that (using inkscape & gimp) - but I wouldn't impose
that on my users. And not only for the looks, but also for the lack of
integration with the OSX windowmanager.

Diez