Django for database driven web application is OK?

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com
Wed Oct 3 02:57:51 EDT 2007

cuongvt a écrit :
> Hello
> I'm new to both Django and Python. I'm mainly developing on PHP.
> I tend to move to Django. But I want to confirm as below:
> I heard that Django is mainly used for something like content management,
> CMS or something
> like that and Rails is mainly for web applications.
> So my question: is it true or not?

Neither true nor false. A CMS *is* a web application. So this question
doesn't make any sense.

Now it's true that Django was born mostly from CMS applications, and
that it showed up in early versions. But the framework did evolved quite
a lot since. FWIW, I did use it for a couple applications that have
*nothing* todo with content management, and it was in the early versions !-)

> For rapid web application development, can I use Django to create intranet
> database web driven
> application in my company for example: empoyees time management, goods
> import/export management,
> salary management etc?

Yes.