Django for database driven web application is OK?

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at o2.usun.pl
Wed Oct 3 03:46:53 EDT 2007

cuongvt napisał(a):

> I'm new to both Django and Python. I'm mainly developing on PHP.
> I tend to move to Django. But I want to confirm as below:
> I heard that Django is mainly used for something like content management,
> CMS or something
> like that and Rails is mainly for web applications.
> So my question: is it true or not?
> For rapid web application development, can I use Django to create intranet
> database web driven
> application in my company for example: empoyees time management, goods
> import/export management,
> salary management etc?

No. Yes. I mean, Django is good in building CMS-like apps but is not a
framework for building CMS-like apps. For example, the largest community
site in Poland http://grono.net/ is built with Django. My company does
other interesting things in Django, completely unrelated to CMS/web
publishing.

--
Jarek Zgoda
Skype: jzgoda | GTalk: zgoda at jabber.aster.pl | voice: +48228430101

"We read Knuth so you don't have to." (Tim Peters)