Creating a custom python python distribution

Wildemar Wildenburger lasses_weil at klapptsowieso.net
Tue Oct 2 14:19:00 EDT 2007

shailesh wrote:
> Hi,
> I wish to create a Python distribution includind Python and some other
> libraries (Zope 3, PyWin32, numpy, lxml, etc.) which are required for
> my applications. e.g. there are Enthough and ASPN distributions of
> Python.
>
> Unfortunately, I have not been able to find the right documentation
> for this purpose.
>
> Could some one give an overview of what needs to be done for this
> purpose?

I can guess, nothing more.

You could use Inno Setup (windows guy?)
<URL:http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php> to install python and then
automatically all additional libs.

And that is a general idea ... just automate the installing of all libs.
It may even boil down to just copying the additional files to the
site-packages directory.

I don't know, but some experimentation should get you long way. It
shouldn't be very hard.

/W