Creating a custom python python distribution

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 09:06:22 EDT 2007

On Sep 30, 10:18 pm, shailesh <shaile... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I wish to create a Python distribution includind Python and some other
> libraries (Zope 3, PyWin32, numpy, lxml, etc.) which are required for
> my applications. e.g. there are Enthough and ASPN distributions of
> Python.
>
> Unfortunately, I have not been able to find the right documentation
> for this purpose.
>
> Could some one give an overview of what needs to be done for this
> purpose?
>
> With regards,
>  -Shailesh

Are you wanting to create an executable or what? There are a few
different ways to distribute your work. You can use py2exe, GUI2exe (a
py2exe wrapper), PyInstaller, Distutils or Python Eggs.

Here are some links:

http://pyinstaller.python-hosting.com/
http://www.py2exe.org/
http://xoomer.alice.it/infinity77/main/GUI2Exe.html