py2exe (or other exe builder) on Vista system for Vista/XP install targets.

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Wed Oct 31 09:22:23 EDT 2007

Michael wrote:
[py2exe on Vista and XP]
> When I attempt to run, I get "The procedure entry point
> _except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link
> library mscvrt.dll."  Apparently vista has one more
> _except_handler#_common function than XP does.

Strange -- it works for me. I compile in Vista and deploy in Vista
and XP (SP2). I'm using Twisted 2.5 and wxWidgets 2.8.

I'm sorry that I cannot help more. I dropped py2exe recently because
I had a similar missing symbol problem with a Windows 2000
computer; so I installed Python and the modules directly on all my
machines.

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #223:

The lines are all busy (busied out, that is -- why let them in to
begin with?).