Unicode raw string containing \u

OKB (not okblacke) brenNOSPAMbarn at NObrenSPAMbarn.net
Sun Oct 28 02:58:48 EDT 2007

    	I'm trying to write a unicode raw string literal, and I seem to be
running up against a conflict between the \uXXXX unicode character
escape and the need to have a literal \u (i.e., backslash followed by a
lowercase letter U) in the string.

    	If I do ur"\universe" I get a UnicodeDecodeError because (I think)
it tries to interpret \universe as a Unicode escape.  But if I do
ur"\\universe" I get a string that contains two backslashes followed by
the word "universe".

    	How can I specify a unicode raw string literal that contains a
single backslash followed by the word "universe"?

--
--OKB (not okblacke)
Brendan Barnwell