WebBased Vector 2D Graphics

Bjoern Schliessmann usenet-mail-0306.20.chr0n0ss at spamgourmet.com
Fri Oct 5 06:43:17 EDT 2007

 cjt22 at bath.ac.uk wrote:

> Is there any way this web programming can be done in python.

Sure. Minimalistic approaches include using CGI
(http://docs.python.org/lib/module-cgi.html)
or using Apache with mod_python directly. There are also web
frameworks for Python, but I don't know much about them.

> As mentioned previously, I have never done any web based
> development so don't really know what I'm talking about when
> trying to understand how I can go from this Python program output
> to producing some graphical output on a web page.

The above approaches allow you to directly print to the web page.
I'm not sure how you could display constant progress there. Perhaps
much simpler with mod_python than with CGI.

Regards,

Björn

--
BOFH excuse #369:

Virus transmitted from computer to sysadmins.