"Standard" Full Text Search Engine

Martin Marcher martin at marcher.name
Fri Oct 26 13:07:42 EDT 2007

2007/10/26, aaron.watters at gmail.com <aaron.watters at gmail.com>:
> On Oct 26, 8:53 am, "Diez B. Roggisch" <de... at nospam.web.de> wrote:
> > Martin Marcher wrote:
> Thanks for the NUCULAR mention (http://nucular.sourceforge.net).  It
> certainly doesn't meet all the requirements requested (very few users
> yet, some features missing).  Please give it a look, however.  It's easy to use
> and fast.  How fast it is compared to others I can't say, especially
> since some of the numbers I see quoted out there are really incredible (how
> can an indexer by faster than "cp"?) -- I suspect some sort of
> trickery,
> frankly.

For starters I think I will go with nucular. It seems good enough,
lightweight and easy to use.

> Anyway, if you want a feature like proximity searching or
> some sort of internationalization support (it works with unicode, but
> that's probably not enough), please let me know.  I focused on
> the core indexing and retrieval functionality, and I think a lot of
> additional features can be added easily.

I don't know much about the internals of search engines but I'll
probably report back with a few suggestions after some time of usage
:)

--
http://noneisyours.marcher.name
http://feeds.feedburner.com/NoneIsYours