"Standard" Full Text Search Engine

aaron.watters at gmail.com aaron.watters at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 11:20:17 EDT 2007

On Oct 26, 8:53 am, "Diez B. Roggisch" <de... at nospam.web.de> wrote:
> Martin Marcher wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > is there something like a standard full text search engine?....
> > any hints?
>
> There are several python lucene implementations available, and recently here
> a project called NUCULAR turned up. And there is ZCatalog, the
> full-text-indexing technology used in Zope, but which should be usable
> outside of zope.....

Thanks for the NUCULAR mention (http://nucular.sourceforge.net).  It
certainly doesn't meet all the requirements requested (very few users
yet, some
features missing).  Please give it a look, however.  It's easy to use
and fast.  How fast it is compared to others I can't say, especially
since
some of the numbers I see quoted out there are really incredible (how
can an indexer by faster than "cp"?) -- I suspect some sort of
trickery,
frankly.

Anyway, if you want a feature like proximity searching or
some sort of internationalization support (it works with unicode, but
that's probably not enough), please let me know.  I focused on
the core indexing and retrieval functionality, and I think a lot of
additional features can be added easily.

fwiw,  -- Aaron Watters

===
% make love
don't know how to make love. stopping.