HELP me Am very new one To python

Amit Khemka khemkaamit at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 08:45:57 EDT 2007

On 10/4/07, Damodhar <damu.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> Am working in PHP MYSQL. I am very very interest to learn Python but i
> don't Know Little Bit,
> am using windows Xp, Ialready download from
> http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.5.1/python-2.5.1.ia64.msi
>
> and install into C:\Python25
>
> whats the next step . i Used    Apache 2.0  run as a local server..
>
> whats the next step . please say one by one i already read the
> documentation but i cant get clearer.
>
> how to configure apache where i want to configure .
> if any files want to copy in to apache folder, wahts the procedure to
> start the coding pls help me am very very beginner pls spend some time
> to teach how to do that.please plaes

I presume that you want to do web programming using python.

Have a look at following:

Using mod_python: http://webpython.codepoint.net/mod_python
CGI: http://docs.python.org/lib/module-cgi.html
FastCGI: http://www.fastcgi.com/

You can also explore some of existing web frameworks. Search web for
"python web frameworks", some popular ones are django, pylons etc.

Try to play with one of the above that you like and suits your needs.
If you still get struck , please post specific issues.

I wish and hope learning python would be a pleasing experience !

Cheers,
amit.

--
----