Program with wx in Linux and Windows

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Oct 4 08:56:04 EDT 2007

marcpp wrote:
> Hi I've developed a program (WXpython GUI). In Linux the GUI is correct
> (various distributions), but in Windows all appears disordered.
> Any recomendations?

A slightly unhelpful one might be "learn to use sizers", as they are the
key to ordered layouts. Unfortunately the learning materials available
aren't for everyone (to the extent that I am considering producing some
more).

But with sizers you can certainly ease cross-platform issues considerably.

If you have an existing interface layout you might want to try just
dropping all the components into a GridSizer to start with, then add
more layout sophistication as you get into it.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119

Sorry, the dog ate my .sigline so I couldn't cat it