CGI and external JavaScript nightmare

Istvan Albert istvan.albert at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 09:05:10 EDT 2007

On Oct 18, 5:04 pm, IamIan <ian... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > The OP's problem is that he suffers from the delusion that people want
> > > to steal the source code for hisCGIscript.
>
> Why is assuming someone may try to get my source CGI delusional?
>
> I'm on a shared server (Dreamhost). The CGI itself has 755 permissions
> to execute, but what about folder permissions, etc? If you could
> expand on "access to the server, and so on" that would be great.

- as far as accessing through the web goes this is a matter of
webserver configuration, set up your webserver in a such a way that it
will not return the source code for your scripts

- regarding shared webhosting services, you may not be able to deny
access to people who have shared accounts (and shell login) on the
same server as you do. It all depends on how the shared accounts are
set up.

i.