_tkinter installation in python 2.5 on mandriva with a default 2.4

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Oct 31 12:39:42 EDT 2007

> tk.h is now in just about every directory called include that could in
> anyway be connected with this and indeed it does appear in the make
> file printout:
>
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./Include/tk.h /usr/local/include/python2.5

How did you get tk.h into the Include directory? You shouldn't manually
copy files around; this will surely break your system and installation
procedures if you don't know exactly what you are doing.

What is the location that your Mandriva package installed tk.h to?

> Short of stuffing lots of print statements in there to actual try and
> locate the file names it's failing on I'm at a loss to see where to go
> next.

tk.h is searched-for in detect_tkinter. Check whether tklib, tcllib,
tcl_includes and tk_includes all get set. This should take only
a single print statement.

Regards,
Martin