python bytecode questions.

warhero beingthexemplarylists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 04:20:11 EDT 2007

First question, I can't seem to get any python bytecode to be
produced. I've tried different techniques from chapter 30.8 to chapter
31 of the python guide.. I was under the assumption that after
compiling a file, it would output a pyc file, but where does it go?
Any help would be appreciated.

Second, Are there any other projects out for bundling python bytecode
files, making it able to use a couple files to distribute an entire
app??  I saw one of the effbot site but it's old as it was written for
1.4..

Third, can distributing code in pyc files, speed up the application?
Or would speed increases only be seen upon application initialization?
As an example, let's say I'm running an application server, would
distributing the source in some pyc files with a bootstrapper be any
faster overall, or just on init??

Thanks