PYTHONPATH, opensuse10.2, gtk not working

Silfheed silfheed at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 18:15:38 EDT 2007

Heyas

So I'm trying to do two things, install a little gnome taskbar applet
(timer-applet) that was written in python and experiment with writing
python gtk apps.  I've installed (through yast) gtk, gtk2, gtk2-devel,
python-gtk, python-gtk-devl, python-gtk-doc but I still cant get
python to import gtk.  I set PYTHONPATH = /usr/lib/python2.5/site-
packages/ and that got importing pygtk to work, but the little app I
downloaded wants to import gtk and I just cant figure out what I'm
supposed to set PYTHONPATH to in order to get `import gtk` to work.
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or missing?

Thanks