PYTHONPATH, opensuse10.2, gtk not working

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Oct 4 22:39:31 EDT 2007

Silfheed wrote:
> Heyas
>
> So I'm trying to do two things, install a little gnome taskbar applet
> (timer-applet) that was written in python and experiment with writing
> python gtk apps.  I've installed (through yast) gtk, gtk2, gtk2-devel,
> python-gtk, python-gtk-devl, python-gtk-doc but I still cant get
> python to import gtk.  I set PYTHONPATH = /usr/lib/python2.5/site-
> packages/ and that got importing pygtk to work, but the little app I
> downloaded wants to import gtk and I just cant figure out what I'm
> supposed to set PYTHONPATH to in order to get `import gtk` to work.
> Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or missing?
>
> Thanks

set PYTHONPATH to /usr/lib/python2.5/lib/site-packages:gtk-root-dir

By the way, do you really think that it's necessary to put site-packages
on the path? You might find it's already on there as Python starts up.

You can tell by printing sys.path from Python.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119

Sorry, the dog ate my .sigline so I couldn't cat it