racism kontrol

Wildemar Wildenburger lasses_weil at klapptsowieso.net
Thu Oct 4 11:30:06 EDT 2007

Hendrik van Rooyen wrote:
>  "Wildemar Wildenburger" <lasse....eso.net> wrote:
>
>> (By the way: Accusing a German of racism is almost too easy an insult.
>> Not that I had taken any, just saying.)
>
> I always thought that it would be insulting to a German if you accused
> him or her of not being a racist...

Very funny, Herr Dutsh-Mann. Dude, hailing from South Africa with a
Dutch name, I'd be careful with the word racist. That of course being
based on the fact that in South Africa the term never had relevance and
thus meaning. Hence I understand that you probably have as much
understanding of the term "racism", as we have of "a welcome Jew". Or,
for that matter, a "a Dutchman that is pleasant to listen to". Burn! ;)

Sidenote: Its funny that everybody calls the Dutch "Dutch" (when
speaking English), which pretty much is the word "deutsch", which, guess
what, means "German" (cf. Pennsylvania Dutch). That has always baffled
me --- do Dutch people refer to themselves as "Dutch" when speaking
dutch? The term for "Dutch" is "Nederlands" or "Hollands", isn't it?

/W