Yet another comparison of Python Web Frameworks

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Sat Oct 6 07:06:46 EDT 2007

>> At work we are shopping for a Web framework, so I have been
>> looking at the available options on the current market.
>
> At least, you missed Turbo Gears :)
> http://turbogears.org/
> For me, it feels more integrated than Pylons.

Django [1] barely gets anything more than a mention as well.

Any respectable comparison of Python web frameworks should
include evaluation of at least Django and TG.  Or at least give
good reason why the comparison excludes them.

Zope is also missing, but I'm not sure Zope qualifies so much as
a framework, but as an answer to the question "If Emacs were a
Python web environment, what would it look like?"

I chose Django, but saw the power in TG as well...from my testing
of them, Django has a nice unified OOB experience, while TG feels
like it's trying to rein in very strong, but disparate parts.
Django's built-in templating system is one of those things you
either love or you hate.  Fortunately, if you're a hater, you can
mindlessly swap it out for your template system of choice with
minimal fuss.

-tim

[1] http://www.djangoproject.com