Newbie packages Q

Wildemar Wildenburger lasses_weil at klapptsowieso.net
Sun Oct 7 11:49:04 EDT 2007

MarkyMarc wrote:
>  *******************************
> atest.py:
>
> def printA():
>         print "This is Atest from Apack"
> *******************************
> btest.py:
> from Test.apack import atest
>
> def printB():
>         print "This is Btest from Bpack"
>
> def printatest():
>         print atest.printA()
>
> print printB()
> print printatest()
> *******************************
>
> Now only one of them imports the other, and this most be the simplest
> way of illustrating the intra-package references.
> But how do I get this to work?

This doesn't work? What error do you get?
I've never done too complicated packaging stuff, and can't raelly
testdrive your example right now. Maybe you have to look into sys.path
if Test can be found at all. Or maybe you have to play with the import
statement (from apack import atest?). I'm just guessing here; importing
continues to remain going on being a mystery to me.

/W