why doesn't have this list a "reply-to" ?

J. Cliff Dyer jcd at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Oct 16 21:47:29 EDT 2007

Dick Crepeau wrote:
> It seems to me the original question was how can I reply to a posted
> message.
>
> I'm new here and see that while there are replies to several messages,
> many times, like with this note, the issue is brought up as if it is new.
>
> I don't know how to do a reply, can someone tell me how?  This note was
> sent to: python-list at python.org with the subject copied from an earlier
> note.
>
> No need to discuss the politics of the choice.
>
> Dick C

With thunderbird, I do "reply all," which has the ugly side effect that
the poster of the message I'm responding to gets 2 copies, unless I
remember to delete one of them.

Same method with mutt, though I'm sure I could customize mutt to pay
better attention to the headers, if I used it enough to bother.

Cheers,
Cliff