Some "pythonic" suggestions for Python

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Sat Nov 10 01:50:20 EST 2007

"Diez B. Roggisch" <deets at nospam.web.de> wrote:

>Overall, I'd say you don't stand a chance that your proposals will be
>adopted. They are minor variations of things that have been proposed &
>rejected too often to count - and to be honest: it get's tiresome
>beating the same old horses again and again...

That's a bad sign.  A language like Python attracts new people all the
time, and those people are going to go through the same evolutionary
learning processes that the long-timers did.  They are entitled to
rediscover the things that have already been discovered.

It's fine to say "those ideas have been proposed and rejected, see the
PEPs", but I hope this group retains the tolerance that I have long
admired.
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.