Populating a dictionary, fast [SOLVED SOLVED]

Istvan Albert istvan.albert at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 20:20:28 EST 2007

On Nov 15, 4:11 pm, Steven D'Aprano <st... at REMOVE-THIS-
cybersource.com.au> wrote:

> Unless you're accusing both myself and the original poster of outright
> lying, of faking our results, what's your explanation?

I don't attribute it to malice, I think you're simply measuring
something else. You both must be having some some system setting that
forces your application to swap disk.

Do you really believe that you cannot create or delete a large
dictionary with python versions less than 2.5 (on a 64 bit or multi-
cpu system)? That a bug of this magnitude has not been noticed until
someone posted on clp?

> Have you tried
> running our code on a 64-bit or multi-CPU system to see for yourself,

the answer is: yes and yes, I see nothing out of the ordinary.

i.