Oh no, my code is being published ... help!

Eduardo O. Padoan eduardo.padoan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 08:29:23 EST 2007

On Nov 30, 2007 11:18 AM, Peter Decker <pydecker at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2007 1:19 AM, Tim Roberts <timr at probo.com> wrote:
>
> > You also have a couple of instances of:
> >     print("Error Squeezing %s...")
> >
> > The parentheses serve no purpose here, and are unidiomatic.
>
> I thought that with the eventual dropping of 'print' as a statement in
> Python 3, that writing it this way (as if it were a print function) is
> preferred, since that will be one fewer thing to convert.

No, writing this way will confound the 2to3 tool. Just try for
yourself. You would have to write print(something) all the time and
disable the fix_print convertion. It is easier and safer to write the
common 2.Xish way and let 2to3 do the work.

--
http://www.advogato.org/person/eopadoan/
Bookmarks: http://del.icio.us/edcrypt