Python iPod challenge

Alan Franzoni alan.franzoni_invalid at geemail.invalid
Sun Nov 11 06:55:53 EST 2007

Il Thu, 08 Nov 2007 08:11:27 -0600, Tim Chase ha scritto:

> I had similar problems.  Additionally, that's pretty unpythonic
> code, as the "correct" answer would be something like

That's true, but you should remember it's a linguistic experiment, not a
Python programming contest. The task is not to "do that thing in the best
possible way", but to "fill in the gaps". You should just try to understand
what the "original programmer" did and to complete the program in such way.

Real problems here lie in the webapp implementation: it should check for
javascript *before* beginning the test (I have noscript enabled, and had to
give permission to the site, hence it took me far more time to complete the
test since I was just clicking but obtaining nothing) and should state more
clearly that it just needs the number of letters as the output (this should
be related to scripteaze problem) without any other character. Error
messages are pretty counter-intuitive.

--
Alan Franzoni <alan.franzoni.xyz at gmail.com>
-