Python Extension Building Network

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Fri Nov 9 11:02:38 EST 2007

kyosohma at gmail.com wrote:
> The hardest part was finding accurate information. Most people on the
> user groups have been unhelpful or sarcastic.

That's a shame to hear. Because you were building on Windows?
Or for some other reason? (I ask because, even here on the
Python lists, reactions like "Get a working O/S" are not unknown
in answer to questions like "How do I... on Windows?")

> The directions for MinGW were usually only partially correct.

The gripe I've had MingW -- which is obviously tempered by the
fact of its existence and the huge amount of effort which has
gone into it -- is the difficulty of finding a version of all
the tools which pleases everyone. And/or of knowing whether it's
safe to mix "Stable", "Candidate" etc. release packages.

TJG