Use of while(1) with app.mainLoop of wxpython

tarun tarundevnani at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 01:03:27 EDT 2007

Dear All,

I've have created a GUI (using wxPython widgets) where in I've a message log
window (A TextCtrl window). I've a router.dll that helps me putting in
message onto a channel. In my script that generates the GUI, I want to
continuously poll the channel and populate the messages from the channel to
the message log window.

For this I've  to put a while (1) loop, but when I do this, the GUI doesn't
come up. I see the GUI coming when while(1) is removed. Is there any issue
with usage of app.mainloop and while(1) together.

Quick help would be really appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Tarun