Python IDE

D.Hering vel.accel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 04:50:39 EST 2007

On Nov 3, 9:11 am, Simon Pickles <sipick... at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have recently moved from Windows XP to Ubuntu Gutsy.
>
> I need a Python IDE and debugger, but have yet to find one as good as
> Pyscripter for Windows. Can anyone recommend anything? What are you all
> using?
>
> Coming from a Visual Studio background, editing text files and using the
> terminal to execute them offends my sensibilities :)
>
> Thanks
>
> Si

Eric4 is and excellent graphical IDE with built-in debugger, profiler,
project management, a RAD Qt4 builder (Qt designer), and all sorts of
other goodies.

http://www.die-offenbachs.de/eric/index.html

IMO, it's the way to go for Python development.
And since I prefer KDE (Kubuntu) over Gnome (Ubuntu) there's an even
greater attraction! Gotta love KDE.

-dieter